Monday 2 January 2012

Another Year

Last year I learnt a lot about the words 'thanks' and 'joy', so as I approached 2012 I thought I'd ask God to show me some new words that might challenge me through the coming year. The words that have come are 'living dangerously'. They weren't what I expected and over the last few days I have wondered what they might mean.
Having reached the age when many of my friends are retiring, I have instead felt that I am just taking hold of all life has to offer. I have felt on the threshold of new things. At first I thought this might mean a new job or place to live but I think it is more about where I am now and what I am presently doing.
In anticipating a year of 'living dangerously' my first move is to create a blog, allowing others to be on the journey with me. For me this is dangerous enough at present!
When these words came to me the other day, I was reminded of a poem I wrote late last year which seems relevant. I will sign off with the poem.

Today, the first day
of the rest
of life
Yesterday was
Tomorrow will be...

Today stands
full of grace
full of blessing
freely given
waiting to be had...

I stand on the threshold of
today
as light filters through the
dark of night
I watch it spread...

And am reminded of
God's grace
waiting to fill my life today
waiting for me to experience it
acknowledge it, catch it, so I can
pass it on to others...

I stand with toes on
the threshold of today
why hesitate to jump into this
day of grace
day of blessings...

Why hesitate to fling myself into the
arms of God, He
who would catch the pain
feel the heartache of today
and with grace and blessing
bring joy..

I somersault into today
letting go of self
falling into God.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing Mum, looking forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look forward to hearing more of your writing!! :) Gemma

    ReplyDelete